Evernote Applescripts

Posted by on Mar 16, 2012 in Evernote Applescripts | 4 Comments

I recently discovered The Secret Weapon, a GTD system making use of Evernote. I am not going to spend much time explain them, if you are interested, you can click the links and read more.

Then I realized how important Evernote is to many people. I absolutely cannot get by a day without Evernote, it’s my information database, it’s the place where I work. The reason I like Evernote so much is because everything is automatically backed up and available across multiple devices. I have access to all my data even using a public computer via the browser.

Over the years, I wrote some AppleScripts to make using Evernote smoother. I am going to share them because I think they will make a lot of Evernote Mac users happier. The AppleScripts will also add new functions to the already great app. Download and enjoy!

1. Bob DeSilets
    August 1, 2014

I’m interested in seeing the Applescripts you mention, but I don’t see a download link. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

2. Houston Cooke
    September 28, 2013

I’ve been browsing on-line more than 3 hours these days, but I by no means discovered any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty value sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content as you
    probably did, the internet will be much more helpful than ever before.

3. Charles Yu
    March 19, 2012

Sarah,

Evernote and Dropbox are two tools that I use everyday. I love them both but I use them slightly differently.

For me, Evernote is mostly for text (notes, to-dos, etc.), web clips, screenshots, and files that don’t change that much (scanned receipts). Dropbox is for frequent-change and large files.

I hope these tips can help you work more efficiently.

Charles

4. Sarah Morgano
    March 18, 2012

Hi Charles,

While I’m not an avid Mac user, your post convinced me to give Evernote another try. I remember downloading the app on my iPad over a year ago, but deleting it after deciding to use Dropbox instead. It sounds like Evernote is a great one-stop-shop for all of my notes, emails, and to-do’s. Thanks so much for posting about this (and sharing you AppleScripts as well)!

Cheers,
    Sarah